Senior housing and property management (level 4)
Managing housing or property related services, leading a team and taking responsibility for the cost effectiveness and efficiency of their business area.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assets Manager
- Incomes Manager
- Leasehold Manager
- Lettings Manager
- Neighbourhood Housing Manager
- Neighbourhood Investment Manager
- Property Manager
- Resident Involvement Manager
- Supported Housing Manager
- Voids manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Provide leadership in relation to the delivery of excellent customer service in order to provide a professional, accurate, timely, ethical and non-judgemental front line service which meets the needs of a diverse range of customers and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective and appropriate communication skills, both verbal and written, in order to manage staff, resolve conflict and communicate effectively with clients, customers, stakeholders and/or partner agencies.
- Lead and work collaboratively with colleagues across the business and in partnership with external organisations to achieve individual, team and business targets.
- Ensure services meet the needs of vulnerable individuals and groups (including those with complex needs).
- Undertake data analysis, interrogate, interpret and disseminate information using a variety of methods and applications.
- Influence and negotiate with partners and suppliers.
- Manage budgets and report on financial performance. Ensure value for money.
- Demonstrate effective performance management. Take the lead on projects through effective project management.
- Lead, motivate, manage and develop individuals and teams to ensure excellent services are delivered. Coach, mentor and ensure the well-being of staff.
- Apply operational and strategic thinking to inform effective decision making to meet individual, team and overall businesses objectives and priorities. Use a flexible and innovative approach to problem solving. Undertake forward planning.
- Effective use of IT equipment and software.
Full information on Senior housing and property management (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location