Dental practice manager (level 4)
Managing all non-clinical aspects of a dental surgery, leading the practice team and achieving excellent patient care and cost efficiency.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a manager
- Communicating the organisations vision and strategy
- Clarifying & supporting company policies
- Setting clear goals and expectations
- Supporting individual personal and professional development
- Providing mentoring & coaching for individual team members
- Being able to seek feedback on workplace performance
- Leading by example
- Strategic thinking at a local/practice level
- Setting SMART objectives
- Planning and delegating work
- Allocating resources efficiently to meet deliverables and deadlines
- Monitoring, evaluating and improving individual and team processes
- Developing advanced IT Skills to meet requirements in role (SOE/R4)
- Presenting internal & external marketing plans and campaigns
- Presenting and interpreting data for Senior Management
- Briefing the work team
- Communicating change
Full information on Dental practice manager (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location