Design: Design Support
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Design Assistant / Trainee
- Junior Artworker
- Trainee Technical Graphic Design Assistant
- Trainee Technical Illustrator
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Certificate in Design Support
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC Diploma in Art and Design
- Certificate in Design
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.