DERWENT TRAINING ASSOCIATION
About this provider
Derwent Training Association exists for the sole purpose of delivering engineering training. Initially founded in 1988 by employers, it has fulfilled that objective for over 30 years.
We specialise in Engineering and Manufacturing apprenticeships and deliver apprenticeships in Mechatronics Maintenance, Machinist, Technical Support Technician & Fabrication & Welding which are delivered over 48 months. Our facilities have been tailored to meet the needs of the businesses.
Our mission is to prove first class training for the benefit of our employers and their apprentices.
We are accredited by IET & IMechE, EAL, C&G & Pearson.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 2 out of 22 reviews
- Good 12 out of 22 reviews
- Poor 4 out of 22 reviews
- Very poor 4 out of 22 reviews
- Training facilities (9)
- Communication with employers (7)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (6)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (4)
- Getting new apprentices started (3)
- Improving apprentice skills (3)
- Adapting to my needs (2)
- Providing the right training at the right time (2)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (2)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (14)
- Communication with employers (10)
- Improving apprentice skills (6)
- Providing the right training at the right time (6)
- Adapting to my needs (4)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (2)
2 Apprenticeships offered
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)