DERWENT TRAINING ASSOCIATION
Only levy paying employers can work with this provider
About this provider
DTA is a Charity set up by local employers in 1988. Our Board of Trustees are made up of representatives of local engineering employers.
We specialise in Engineering and Manufacturing apprenticeships. We deliver Mechatronics, Maintenance, Mechanical, Electrical, Design, Fab/Weld and Technical Support.
We are an employer led organisation and all apprentices are in full time employment. Our trainers have extensive experience of industry and the employers we serve. Our facilities have been tailored to meet the needs of the businesses.
The Level 3 or 4 apprenticeships are delivered over 48 months.
We are accredited by IET & IMechE and EAL, C&G & Pearson.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 1 out of 15 reviews
- Good 8 out of 15 reviews
- Poor 3 out of 15 reviews
- Very poor 3 out of 15 reviews
- Training facilities (7)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (4)
- Communication with employers (3)
- Improving apprentice skills (3)
- Getting new apprentices started (2)
- Providing the right training at the right time (2)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (2)
- Adapting to my needs (1)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (1)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (11)
- Communication with employers (7)
- Improving apprentice skills (5)
- Providing the right training at the right time (4)
- Adapting to my needs (2)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (2)
4 Apprenticeships offered
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)