SOUTHAMPTON CITY COLLEGE
About this provider
City College Southampton is a general further education college in Hampshire, providing career focused courses, apprenticeships and education for young people and adults.
Located in the centre of Southampton the campus has invested £48m in new facilities and equipment, allowing students to learn and work in real life working environments using industry standard equipment and benefit from our team of industry expert tutors.
In 2015/16 our overall achievement rate exceeded the national apprenticeship average benchmark.
The college has a dedicated team to support the employer through the apprenticeship system including curriculum, funding and contract arrangements.
We pride ourselves in progressing students into and achieving apprenticeships.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 1 out of 17 reviews
- Good 11 out of 17 reviews
- Poor 4 out of 17 reviews
- Very poor 1 out of 17 reviews
- Improving apprentice skills (6)
- Getting new apprentices started (5)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (5)
- Communication with employers (3)
- Training facilities (3)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (2)
- Providing the right training at the right time (1)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (1)
Things to improve
- Communication with employers (10)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (8)
- Getting new apprentices started (4)
- Adapting to my needs (3)
- Training facilities (1)
24 Apprenticeships offered
|Team leader / supervisor||Standard||3||Details|
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)