NEW COLLEGE DURHAM
About this provider
As a leading provider of further and higher education in the North East, New College Durham has extensive experience of successfully providing high quality apprenticeship programmes.
We offer a wide range of apprenticeships covering over 70 different career pathways and work successfully with over 350 employers.
Our provision includes:
Success rates for apprenticeships which are consistently well above the national average.
Expert teaching staff with industry experience.
Top class facilities and outstanding educational resources.
Our new £8 million STEM centre provides state of the art facilities and cutting-edge equipment for Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing allowing the college to deliver industry focused training.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 31 out of 109 reviews
- Good 70 out of 109 reviews
- Poor 7 out of 109 reviews
- Very poor 1 out of 109 reviews
- Communication with employers (43)
- Getting new apprentices started (41)
- Training facilities (30)
- Improving apprentice skills (28)
- Providing the right training at the right time (25)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (21)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (18)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (16)
- Adapting to my needs (12)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (37)
- Communication with employers (31)
- Adapting to my needs (10)
- Getting new apprentices started (10)
- Providing the right training at the right time (7)
- Improving apprentice skills (4)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (3)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (2)
- Training facilities (2)
31 Apprenticeships offered
|Installation electrician / maintenance electrician||Standard||3||Details|
|Operations / departmental manager||Standard||5||Details|
|Professional accounting / taxation technician||Standard||4||Details|
|Senior housing / property management||Standard||4||Details|
|Team leader / supervisor||Standard||3||Details|
|Unified Communications Technician||Standard||3||Details|
- NEW COLLEGE DURHAM website
- Phone number:
- 0191 375 4000
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)