NEW COLLEGE DURHAM
About this provider
As a leading provider of further and higher education in the North East, New College Durham has extensive experience of successfully providing high quality apprenticeship programmes.
We offer a wide range of apprenticeships covering over 70 different career pathways and work successfully with over 350 employers.
Our provision includes:
Success rates for apprenticeships which are consistently well above the national average.
Expert teaching staff with industry experience.
Top class facilities and outstanding educational resources.
Our new £8 million STEM centre provides state of the art facilities and cutting-edge equipment for Science, Technology, Engineering and Manufacturing allowing the college to deliver industry focused training.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 26 out of 86 reviews
- Good 54 out of 86 reviews
- Poor 5 out of 86 reviews
- Very poor 1 out of 86 reviews
- Getting new apprentices started (34)
- Communication with employers (32)
- Training facilities (24)
- Improving apprentice skills (22)
- Providing the right training at the right time (18)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (17)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (15)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (11)
- Adapting to my needs (9)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (30)
- Communication with employers (26)
- Getting new apprentices started (8)
- Adapting to my needs (7)
- Improving apprentice skills (4)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (3)
- Providing the right training at the right time (2)
- Training facilities (2)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (1)
64 Apprenticeships offered
|Advanced Carpentry and Joinery||Standard||3||Details|
|Auto Electrics/Mobile Electrics||Framework||2||Details|
|Beauty Therapy General||Framework||2||Details|
|Beauty Therapy General||Framework||3||Details|
|Built Environment and Design||Framework||3||Details|
|Business and Administration||Framework||2||Details|
|Business and Professional Administration||Framework||4||Details|
|Business Fire Safety Advisor||Standard||3||Details|
|Carpentry and Joinery||Standard||2||Details|
|Chartered manager degree apprenticeship||Standard||6||Details|
|Children and Young People's Workforce||Framework||2||Details|
|Civil Engineering for Technicians||Framework||3||Details|
|Community Fire Safety||Framework||2||Details|
|Construction Contracting Operations||Framework||3||Details|
|Construction Site Supervision||Framework||4||Details|
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)