BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
About this provider
Bishop Burton College, in East Yorkshire, has an excellent track record of delivering a range of apprenticeships, covering numerous sectors.
The college, which also includes Riseholme College in Lincolnshire, has strong partnerships with employers, which help apprentices find work and launch exciting careers in the industry of their choice.
Apprenticeships are delivered through the college's dedicated Services to Business department, which:
- Involves employers in the design, development and delivery of learning in order to improve the 'work readiness' of apprentices.
- Assists employers with their training requirements through the provision of direct services, such as training needs analysis and customised training courses.
- Forms strategic partnerships with employers in order to meet local skills needs.
What employers are saying
Overall rating from October 2018 to now
- Excellent 5 out of 17 reviews
- Good 9 out of 17 reviews
- Poor 3 out of 17 reviews
- Very poor 0 out of 17 reviews
- Getting new apprentices started (9)
- Communication with employers (8)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (6)
- Providing the right training at the right time (5)
- Adapting to my needs (3)
- Improving apprentice skills (3)
- Working with small numbers of apprentices (3)
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (2)
- Training facilities (2)
Things to improve
- Reporting on progress of apprentices (10)
- Communication with employers (4)
- Getting new apprentices started (2)
- Improving apprentice skills (2)
- Initial assessment of apprentices (2)
- Providing the right training at the right time (1)
21 Apprenticeships offered
|Animal Care and Welfare Assistant||Standard||2||Details|
|Customer service practitioner||Standard||2||Details|
|Customer Service Specialist||Standard||3||Details|
|Horse Care and Management||Framework||3||Details|
|Horticulture and Landscape Operative||Standard||2||Details|
|Land-based service engineer||Standard||2||Details|
|Land-based service engineering technician||Standard||3||Details|
|Learning and Skills Teacher||Standard||5||Details|
|Sports turf operative||Standard||2||Details|
|Stockperson (beef, pigs, sheep, dairy)||Standard||2||Details|
|Team leader / supervisor||Standard||3||Details|
Annual survey results
- Employer satisfaction:
- Learner satisfaction:
- Source: FE Choices
Education and Skills Funding Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of course information on this site and makes no representations about the quality of any courses which appear on the site. Education and Skills Funding Agency is not liable for any losses suffered as a result of any party relying on the course information provided.
Apprenticeships are set at different levels of difficulty from the equivalent of GCSE (level 2) up to postgraduate (level 7)