Trading standards professional (level 6)
Help ensure safe, fair, and legal marketplaces.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Compliance team leader (trading standards)
- Principal/senior trading standards officer
- Regulatory services manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Lead and manage investigations and interventions.
- Apply investigative techniques and evidence gathering to produce reports with recommendations.
- Analyse, interpret, challenge, and evaluate data and intelligence.
- Interpret and apply relevant Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Guidance in the consumer protection environment.
- Influence, negotiate and challenge stakeholders in the delivery and decision-making process.
- Use research, analytical and problem-solving techniques to resolve and prevent consumer protection issues.
- Conduct and/or respond to formal interviews in line with legal controls and best practice collaborating with legal representatives.
- Gather evidence for use for potential legal proceedings and acting as a witness when required.
- Make legal and tactical decisions to improve the outcomes in consumer protection investigations.
- Promote the improvement of compliance standards in consumer protection.
- Promote social inclusion in the workplace with businesses, stakeholders, and consumers.
- Promote environmental sustainability and support change to improve the environment.
- Lead and manage operational projects to achieve time dependent outcomes.
- Communicate complex information, best practice, and guidance in consumer protection, adapting delivery for different audiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to achieve agreed collective outcomes.
- Identify and apply industry developments to achieve continual service improvement.
- Lead the development and monitoring of financial strategies and setting of organisational budgets based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or similar, and challenge financial assumptions underpinning strategies.
- Build constructive working relationships across teams.
- Identify the training and development requirements of the team and stakeholders.
- Set strategic direction through the implementation of plans.
- Lead and respond to risks using risk management techniques.
- Provide support, specialist advice, and guidance for businesses, consumers, and stakeholders.
- Act as an advocate for projects and transformation of services across organisational boundaries such as those impacted by sustainability and the UK Net Carbon Zero.
Full information on Trading standards professional (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location