Junior energy manager (level 3)
Helping organisations meet sustainability commitments by reducing energy consumption and reducing costs.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Complete template reports and ensure records are maintained for audit and reporting purposes
- Relate the workings of plant, processes and equipment to energy consumption
- Identify and explain variables that vary the energy consumption of a building and process (Building operation: summer/winter; day/night, etc.)
- Identify and explain suitable and measurable energy performance indicators (energy use, consumption, efficiency)
- Implement and/or maintain metering and measurement plans and undertake basic analysis of the outputs
- Carry out basic checks on bills and other recorded data to verify accuracy and repeatability
- Contribute to all aspects of the energy and water use audits: conduct energy and water assessments and/or audits, and identify products’, systems’ and processes’ solutions that reduce energy and water consumption
- Contribute to the organisation’s procurement process/products/services
- Assist with the gathering of energy performance data and administration and implementation of energy awareness and motivation programmes and their associated communication strategies for reduced energy use
- Identify, organise and use resources effectively to complete tasks as instructed, with consideration for efficiency, cost, quality, safety, security and environmental impact
- Carry out basic financial calculations relating to energy costs and savings
- Work effectively and safely when undertaking tasks to approved standards and safe working practices as part of a team, working alone or with appropriate supervision
- Use a variety of appropriate communication methods to interact with others to give/receive information accurately, in a timely, positive and professional manner
- Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills
- Communicate effectively using evidence-based reporting, communication and presentation skills
Full information on Junior energy manager (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location