Data protection and information governance practitioner (level 4)
Provide regulatory and technical advice providing assurance to key stakeholders and regulators.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Data protection lead
- Data protection manager
- Information compliance officer
- Information governance lead
- Information governance officer
- Privacy Officer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Use IT systems to manage, share and store information in accordance with data protection requirements and organisation policies.
- Communicate complex subjects in simple terms through different media (such as face to face meetings, emails, reports and presentations) to enable key stakeholders to understand what is required.
- Prepare documentation and materials for review and ratification.
- Working at times under time pressure, prioritising their workloads in order to raise and resolve areas of concern such as individual rights, breach management, FOI requests and information sharing.
- Being able to accept and deal with changing priorities related to both their own work and to the organisation, showing the flexibility to maintain high standards in a changing environment.
- Undertake data collection, data analysis, data presentation and date storage such as data incidents.
- Interpret regulation and legislation, share best practice and advise stakeholders on its application.
- Identify organisation needs and how these are applied to enquiries.
- Interpret and apply sector guidance appropriately.
- Undertake investigations and interviews in order to assess a data breach.
- Gather, analyse, use and share data to inform risk assessment and make judgements on actions to take.
- Make decisions on data protection and information governance issues raised and ensure that any areas of concern are escalated to the stakeholders.
- Provide day to day support, specialist advice, guidance and training across the organisation and external stakeholders for all matters regarding information governance and data protection.
- Source data solutions and seeks to make recommendations to the business to improve data management.
Full information on Data protection and information governance practitioner (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location