Applications support lead (level 4)
Provide tactical advice, training and support on core technology applications.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Application Support Analyst
- Applications Analyst
Skills an apprentice will learn
- use data systems securely to meet requirements and in line with organisational procedures and legislation, including principles of Privacy by Design
- implement the stages of the application lifecycle ensuring that principles of usability and accessibility are embedded in the approach at every stage
- assess the impact on user experience and domain context on the data analysis activity
- communicate verbally and non-verbally to a range of internal and external stakeholders using a range of technical and non-technical language to provide an effective interface between internal or external users and suppliers
- take a ‘customer focused’ approach to service delivery, underpinned by active listening
- adapt to changing contexts within the scope of a project and continually review project output to ensure alignment with customer and organisational needs for example within a DevOps environment
- collate and interpret data and convert into useable formats such as infographics, reports, tables, dashboards or graphs
- select and apply the most appropriate data tools to deliver application support outcomes
- use manual or automated test tools
- adapt and apply testing activities according to industry standard development methodologies (sequential and iterative) including maintenance of clear supporting documentation
- apply specific industry standards where appropriate (for example GDPR, health informatics and safety critical) related to software testing
- use formal and informal techniques that will demonstrate software and systems are fit for purpose
- use relevant training methods to support internal and external stakeholders with core software applications and hardware ensuring that principles of usability and accessibility are embedded in the approach
- communicate applications support information by ensuring continuity of user understanding through use of training notes, user guides and other collateral sources
Full information on Applications support lead (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location