Aviation customer service operative (level 2)
Ensure the safe, efficient and effective check-in, boarding, departure and arrival of people.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Airport agent
- Customer service agent
- Ground handling agent
- Passenger service agent
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Comply with all aviation regulations, work within legislative guidelines and procedures.
- Complete and maintain documentation to meet current legislative aviation guidelines
- Use aviation systems effectively.
- Adapt to different circumstances whilst maintaining customer service standards and remaining polite, helpful and customer focused
- Adhere to procedures for identification and safe handling of dangerous goods
- Work effectively as part of a team and with others identifying and responding to the needs of individuals, including colleagues, other organisations/stakeholders or customers
- Communicate effectively transmitting and receiving information and recording it as required
- Take appropriate action in the event of an incident, disruption or emergency, liaising with relevant people and recording actions and outcomes as required
- Interpret and scrutinise travel documentation
- Identify passenger anomalies and report to the line manager in accordance with relevant regulations
- Correctly check-in all booked passengers and baggage
- Carry out the boarding functions, ensuring accurate head counts and security and pre-boarding briefs and passenger handling duties
- Communicate with flight crew regarding customer and other requirements for example; passengers with restricted movements
- Deal with the required documents and health related items and the processing channels for these
- Identify and use the correct handling method by using IATA PRM codes or via another applicable means of communication
- Take remedial action upon identification of faults or errors in a timely manner.
Full information on Aviation customer service operative (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location