Anti-social behaviour and community safety officer (level 4)
Investigate reports of anti-social behaviour.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Protective services
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- ASB Officer
- Community Safety Officer
- Tenancy Enforcement Officer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Respond effectively and appropriately to reports. Analyse reports of ASB/community safety, identifying priorities and what the next appropriate steps are. Analyse and risk-assess all reports of ASB and community safety issues.
- Provide a professional and timely response to customer enquiries. Manage expectations and keep the customer informed of progress. Identify potential safeguarding needs of young and vulnerable people.
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders using a range of methods including face-to-face, telephone, email, letters, reports responding to the needs of a diverse group.
- Make justifiable and appropriate decisions on the information available.
- Plan and prioritise work effectively using a range of organisational tools to ensure tasks are completed and deadlines are met.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and customers to achieve specific targets and outcomes. Comply with court directions and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Investigate reports of ASB/community safety thoroughly and systematically to understand and analyse underlying issues. Obtaining appropriate evidence.
- Plan investigations into cases thoroughly and methodically.
- Interview all parties involved in a case using effective investigative and interview techniques.
- Understand and gather relevant information and using the full range of tools, powers and support available to resolve ASB/community safety issues.
- Maintain accurate and appropriately-detailed records and information.
- Effectively challenge, influence and negotiate with customers, partners and stakeholders to achieve outcomes and resolutions.
- Prepare a case file for referral to solicitors or for legal proceedings.
- Effectively present a case and evidence for a review panel or in legal proceedings.
Full information on Anti-social behaviour and community safety officer (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location