Land referencer (level 4)
Provide supporting evidence, documentation and information for an acquiring authority to obtain land for the purposes of large development or infrastructure projects.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 30 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant land consultant
- Land consultant
- Land referencer
- Land referencing technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identify relevant legislation and the appropriate data extraction required to satisfy the requirements of the chosen consent method. Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and well-being legislation, company policy and practice. Process personal information in a secure manner.
- Interpret information from multiple sources, including paper and digital, relaying in a coherent and clear format. Identify proprietors, types of tenure and rights over land, current beneficiaries and successors and unknown interests in land.
- Record information accurately and comprehensively, providing a full auditable trail of evidence. Use a Geographic Information System (GIS) for data processing and analysis, areas measurement and plan production.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Build professional landowner and stakeholder relationships to enable effective enquiry, influence and negotiation. Prepare for, conduct and follow up stakeholder meetings and record minutes.
- Plan site visits to enable the required data collection.
- Analyse land features and how they impact or inform legal interest in the land.
- Serve notices, evidencing that they have been successfully served in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Monitor site notices and provide a prompt response to returned notices or queries from affected parties.
- Communication with a range of stakeholders via numerous methods including phone, email and in person.
Full information on Land referencer (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location