Land referencer (level 4)
Provide supporting evidence, documentation and information for an acquiring authority to obtain land for the purposes of large development or infrastructure projects.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 30 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant land consultant
- Land consultant
- Land referencer
- Land referencing technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identify relevant legislation and the appropriate data extraction required to satisfy the requirements of the chosen consent method. Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and well-being legislation, company policy and practice. Process personal information in a secure manner.
- Interpret information from multiple sources, including paper and digital, relaying in a coherent and clear format. Identify proprietors, types of tenure and rights over land, current beneficiaries and successors and unknown interests in land.
- Record information accurately and comprehensively, providing a full auditable trail of evidence. Use a Geographic Information System (GIS) for data processing and analysis, areas measurement and plan production.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with company procedures.
- Build professional landowner and stakeholder relationships to enable effective enquiry, influence and negotiation. Prepare for, conduct and follow up stakeholder meetings and record minutes.
- Plan site visits to enable the required data collection.
- Analyse land features and how they impact or inform legal interest in the land.
- Serve notices, evidencing that they have been successfully served in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Monitor site notices and provide a prompt response to returned notices or queries from affected parties.
- Communication with a range of stakeholders via numerous methods including phone, email and in person.
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.