Hygiene specialist (level 4)
Provide specialist hygiene services in areas such as closed plants, sterile environments, food production and laboratories.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Hygiene compliance manager
- Hygiene manager
- Hygiene process leader
- Hygiene supervisor
- Hygiene team leader
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Comply with relevant industry legislation, permits, codes of practice and safe working practices
- Select and apply the most appropriate and effective hygiene methodology
- Contribute to the design of new, and the modification of, existing premises and equipment
- Contribute to the identification and implementation of controls to minimise the risk of hazards
- Create and maintain a hygiene management system including hygiene related documentation, method statements, risk assessments, safe systems of work
- Plan, organise, prioritise time and resources effectively to maintain organisational hygiene standards
- Manage an integrated pest management system
- Review and manage contracts, costs, specifications, service level agreements and appropriate supplier controls; assess supplier, contractor and vendor performance
- Lead, manage and develop individuals and cross-functional teams
- Select and carry out the most appropriate sampling methodology
- Implement validation, verification and monitoring activities to evaluate the effectiveness of organisational hygiene standards
- Deal appropriately with incidents and accidents and suggest recommendations to prevent reoccurence
- Use project management tools to deliver projects to time, cost, specification and quality
- Contribute and lead hygiene continuous improvement activities.
- Establish and implement the audit schedule in relation to hygiene activities to ensure compliance with legal, industry and customer standards; conduct internal and external audits across functions
- Analyse and evaluate information and data to make informed decisions and present solutions; create and formulate spreadsheets and graphs, electronic filing systems, presentations, reports; utilising electronic communications
- Manage the waste streams and identify methods of waste reduction
- Agree and manage hygiene budgets; monitor forecasts versus actual costs
Full information on Hygiene specialist (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location