Fundraiser (level 3)
Raise funds for charitable causes.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Sales, marketing and procurement
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Corporate partnerships fundraiser
- Events/community fundraiser
- Fundraising/development/income generation executive
- Fundraising/development/income generation officer
- Individual giving fundraiser
- Legacy fundraiser
- Major donor/major gift/philanthropy fundraiser
- Relationship manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Uses the most appropriate communication method for the message through the use of good questions and listening techniques
- Identify and apply pragmatic solutions using a range of methods to maximise value to the organisation
- Use data management (compliant with data protection regulation) and analysis to produce and present evidence to support, validate and/or review fundraising activity to different stakeholders, such as analysing the effectiveness of a fundraising event
- Evaluate and make unsupervised decisions quickly based on the current situation or environment
- Control, monitor and analyse expenditure and/or financial fundraising transactions to maximise spend on the organisation's charitable cause, including Gift Aid
- Use a variety of information sources (compliant with data protection regulation) to identify individuals, groups or organisations who can potentially provide effective support for the organisation
- Plan and prioritise time to ensure fundraising activities are managed well and fundraising potential is maximised
- Build relationships and identify, engage, sustain and satisfy the on-going needs of supporters and stakeholders by building rapport and trust, and resolve conflicts constructively
- Identify and apply appropriate technological solutions to improve the effectiveness of processes, procedures and development of fundraising activity
- Demonstrates self-awareness and recognises their own emotions and their impact on self and others.
- Adapt and tailor presentation style and technique to meet the needs of the audience
- Build a diverse network both internally and externally
- Articulate and communicate the mission, goals and activities of your organisation to influence others to engage with your cause, applying appropriate fundraising techniques such as networking, handling objections, negotiating and making an ask
- Adapt working style depending on the situation or needs of the other person
- Identify, evaluate and apply solutions to problems as they arise
Full information on Fundraiser (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location