Sustainability business specialist (integrated degree) (level 7)
Help organisations to manage the resources they use and the waste they generate according to environmentally friendly principles.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to master’s degree.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Conceptualise and resolve ethical, corporate social responsibility and sustainability issues within the business
- Devise and implement achievable and viable sustainability strategies for the organisation
- Critically evaluate sustainability issues and trends which may impact on business performance
- Analyse sustainability performance data and develop the appropriate business response in line with ISO14001, legislative and customer codes of practice
- Assemble and drive resource efficiency including auditing in line with ISO19011 and ISO17021 and consulting on energy, water, waste, materials, packaging.
- Contribute, collaborate and, where appropriate, show leadership on a global procurement Standards and Governance strategy, breakthrough ideas, best-in-class approaches, bringing the outside inside including innovation and sustainability, and managing the sourcing cycle and supplier relationship management system effectively by liaising with the procurement function
- Formulate and co-ordinate a business response on sustainability issues to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate on, lead and/or manage organisational sustainability projects, such as life cycle analysis or foot printing to drive change throughout the business
- Identify, influence and manage key stakeholders across different business functions
- Support the organisation at all stages of the internal and external audit process
- Contribute and collaborate in the leadership, coaching and management of a multidisciplinary team, collaborating with and influencing other Sustainability colleagues and the wider business to achieve organisational sustainability objectives
- Identify, assess, and prioritise sustainability risks within the organisation and utilise resources to mitigate, control and monitor the probability and/or impact of such events
- Design, implement and evaluate the internal and external environmental audit schedule in line with ISO 19001 and ISO 17021 to drive improvements
- Appraise the impact of current global economic issues to the viability of sustainability projects and its impact on profitability
- Directly influence and input into the corporate social responsibility agenda for the organisation
Full information on Sustainability business specialist (integrated degree) (level 7) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location