Advanced and creative hair professional (level 3)
Create, plan and promote a collection of hairstyles and looks that reflects their own individuality.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Hair and beauty
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Advanced senior stylists
- Creative hair stylists
- Senior hair professional
- Specialist technicians
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Research fashion trends using the results to plan, design, create, produce and present a fashion forward hairstyle collection, identifying the purpose and message of the given collection. Analyse factors influencing the design and creation of the collection of hairstyle looks including the target audience.
- Carry out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the client hair to plan, create and style the collection of hairstyle looks. Maintain effective and safe methods of working and effective communication whilst creating the collection of hair looks. Use and adapt a range of technical skills to create a collection of hairstyle looks using: 1. sectioning and cutting guidelines to achieve the required look. 2. precision and personalised cutting techniques tailored to suit individual characteristics . 3. creative finishing and dressing techniques. 4. advanced creative colouring Use a range of products, tools and equipment in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers' instructions and salon policy.
- Present and promote the collection internally using a visual medium. Evaluate the results of the collection against the research results to improve further practice.
- Maintain effective and safe methods of working and effective communication whilst completing smoothing and strengthening services. Carry out in-depth complex analysis of the client hair and scalp to plan and agree the smoothing and strengthening services.
- Use and apply products, tools and equipment, to smooth and strengthen clients’ hair to the degree of straightness required. Resolve problems that may occur during and after the hair smoothing and strengthening process. Use a range of products, tools and equipment in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers' instructions and salon policy. Evaluate the results of the service and provide advice on future services and products.
- Maintain effective and safe methods of working and effective communication whilst completing Creative colour conversion services. Carry out tests and an in-depth complex consultation of the client hair and scalp to plan and agree the creative colour conversion service. Analyse factors influencing the selection of the colour conversion technique used.
- Provide an creative colour conversion service to change the depth and tone of the hair in accordance with legal requirements and manufacturer’s instructions. Creative Colour conversion services to include: 1. Using creative sectioning techniques to personalise the colour result and enhance the finished look. 2. toning through bespoke creative formulation, colour blending/shading. Resolve problems that may occur during creative colour conversion service
- Removing artificial colour. Removing bands of colour. Recolouring hair treated with lightener. Using pre-pigmentation and colour. Recolouring hair that has had artificial colour removed. Correcting highlights and lowlights. Uses and applies the products, tools and equipment, in accordance with legal requirements, manufacturers' instructions and salon policy.
- Semi- permanent, quasi (mildly oxidising), permanent colour, pre-lighteners, colour removers for artificial colour. Complete and evaluate the results of the service and provide advice on future services, aftercare and products.
Full information on Advanced and creative hair professional (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location