Fenestration fabricator (level 2)
Manufacturing fenestration products such as windows, doors, shop fronts and walls.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Aluminium/uPVC Fabricator
- Double Glazing Window Factory Fabricator
- Production Operative
- Windows/Doors Fabricator
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Select the correct type and quantity of materials and components for each task.
- Read and interpret specifications, diagrams and work instructions; follow instructions.
- Plan work.
- Prepare the work area effectively.
- Complete equipment and machinery checks and adjustments.
- Measure, calculate, mark and cut materials.
- Select and use manual methods and machinery/workplace technology.
- Join/assemble materials.
- Fix ancillary items to products.
- Follow health & safety and environmental policy and procedures.
- Identify risks and hazards in the workplace and control measures.
- Check and inspect work – interim and final.
- Identify and rectify any work that is incorrect or incomplete.
- Label product; protect and package product for safe transportation.
- Re-use, re-cycle and dispose of material, waste and scrap from the work area, as appropriate.
- Communicate with colleagues/customers; use common industry terminology appropriately.
- Complete workplace documentation.
- Report work outcomes and problems.
Full information on Fenestration fabricator (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location