Design and construction management (degree) (level 6)
Leading, managing and coordinating the design and/or construction process on building and infrastructure projects.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Architectural Technologist
- Building Information Modelling (BIM) Manager
- Construction Design Manager
- Design Manager
Skills an apprentice will learn
- S1 Client and User Requirements: Be able to identify and assess client and user requirements and conduct feasibility studies so that the design reflects client needs.
- S2 Sustainability: Be able to identify, assess and manage sustainable solutions to client requirements and minimise environmental impact of project over building lifecycle.
- S3 Health and Safety: Be able to identify, assess and manage hazards and risks throughout the project lifecycle.
- S4 Project Management: Be able to select, form and manage the project team and agree responsibilities and processes.
- S5 Regulations: Be able to assess, advise and meet statutory regulations and legal constraints.
- S6 Design Development: Be able to prepare, present and agree proposals for project briefs, make recommendations, develop programmes and develop detailed designs for construction.
- S7 Specifications and Information Management: Be able to identify and prepare detailed designs and manage the project model (BIM), including integrating, evaluating and recommending changes.
- S8 Tenders and Contracts: Be able to select and evaluate tenders, choose and agree appropriate specialist contractors and control contractual compliance during construction.
- S9 Value Management: Be able to work with the project team to enhance value and/or reduce costs while meeting the project brief.
- S10 Risk Management: Be able to identify, assess and manage threats and hazards while optimising project opportunities.
- S11 Project Handover: Be able to manage project handover and completion and assemble operations and Maintenance Manuals for the building's end users.
Full information on Design and construction management (degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location