Construction site supervisor (level 4)
Supervising specialist contractors and workers on construction projects.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant site manager
- Assistant supervisor
- Construction site supervisor
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identify risk of activities and encourage all employees to demonstrate safety-conscious behaviours.
- Assess, identify and record the environmental impact of projects.
- Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects.
- Use effective management principles and be able to supervise construction workers.
- Understand overall plan for project and measure and record progress against plan.
- Assess and report on quality standards and assist in commissioning of finished construction projects.
- Understand financial and legal constraints and measure and record progress against budget.
Full information on Construction site supervisor (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location