Through life engineering services specialist (integrated degree) (level 7)
Develop and deliver the support services that keep engineered assets working better and for longer.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to master’s degree.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Asset value manager
- Life cycle engineer
- Maintenance specialist
- Service analyst
- Service engineer
- Service manager
- Service specialist
- Service value manager
- Support service designer
- Support service engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Critical evaluation of Service solutions: research options and select optimal solutions within complex business contexts.
- Systems thinking: understand and integrate service system elements to achieve an optimised overall solution.
- Opportunity recognition: identify and prioritise opportunities to increase value or reduce risks and costs in the context of current or future products and services.
- Business model design: design business models and commercial constructs that enable effective, profitable and sustainable service delivery networks within complex business contexts.
- Recommendation and Decision making: optimise recommendations & decisions at significant points in the product/service lifecycle.
- Technical and commercial communication: use appropriate methods and means to facilitate communications between and within engineering and commercial stakeholder groups, ensuring effective integration of activity across the technical / commercial interfaces.
- Service Design: design an engineered product/service offering from requirements capture through to verification/validation.
- Service Delivery: manage and optimise delivery of the service to a defined process and monitor the service delivery metrics to identify both risks and opportunities.
- Service Data management: use specialist skills to define data requirements, acquire data and manage data flows within and between organisations within a complex service ecosystem.
- Service analysis and prediction: derive insight from available data, apply appropriate methodologies and approaches within the engineering and commercial domains to understand, model and predict causes and effects.
- Technical Issue management & engineering problem solving: use specialist knowledge, methodologies and approaches in the process of issue investigation, failure mode & root cause analysis, issue mitigation and solution implementation.
- Service change Management: plan and execute a programme of change within a complex service delivery system.
Full information on Through life engineering services specialist (integrated degree) (level 7) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location