Marine surveyor (degree) (level 6)
Inspecting marine vessels to ensure they comply with standards and regulations.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Associate or partner/director of surveying company
- Class A3 surveyor
- Flag state surveyor
- Marine surveyor
- Marine warranty surveyor
- MCA senior executive officer marine surveyor
- Ship classification surveyor
- Ship surveyor
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Communicate effectively and professionally at all levels both internally and externally
- Positively challenge stakeholders to effect change where appropriate
- Assess requirements for the survey and organise and plan within the timescales and budget set
- Manage time and resources effectively
- Read and interpret drawings, data and other relevant information
- Interpret appropriate engineering formulae and compare results with actual on-board readings, data / calculations submitted and survey findings.
- Work competently and safely in the workplace to meet regulatory and legislative requirements
- Apply engineering principles, regulatory and Classification Society requirements to the ship, vessel, machinery, equipment or system.
- Advise on appropriate regulations and guidance relevant to the ship or vessel
- Build, lead and manage multi-functional teams, interacting with and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce succinct and accurate survey reports
- Deliver effective oral and audio-visual presentations
- Apply scientific calculation to various conditions of the ship (or other vessel) and the environment prevailing.
- Assess the market and prevailing conditions, to calculate a value and price for the subject ship, vessel, machinery, equipment or systems.
- Set out and impose a decision upon ship owners, managers, operators, master and staff.
- Undertake effective hazard identification and risk assessment processes using recognised and appropriate procedures.
- Identify causal factors and means of prevention of re-occurrence of ship, structural, machinery, equipment or systems failures.
Full information on Marine surveyor (degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
No training providers available for this course yet
Try searching for another course.
Can't find a training provider?
We can let other training providers know you are interested in Marine surveyor (degree) (level 6).