Marine surveyor (degree) (level 6)
Inspecting marine vessels to ensure they comply with standards and regulations.
Equivalent to degree
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Associate or partner/director of surveying company
- Class A3 surveyor
- Flag state surveyor
- Marine surveyor
- Marine warranty surveyor
- MCA senior executive officer marine surveyor
- Ship classification surveyor
- Ship surveyor
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Communicate effectively and professionally at all levels both internally and externally
- Positively challenge stakeholders to effect change where appropriate
- Assess requirements for the survey and organise and plan within the timescales and budget set
- Manage time and resources effectively
- Read and interpret drawings, data and other relevant information
- Interpret appropriate engineering formulae and compare results with actual on-board readings, data / calculations submitted and survey findings.
- Work competently and safely in the workplace to meet regulatory and legislative requirements
- Apply engineering principles, regulatory and Classification Society requirements to the ship, vessel, machinery, equipment or system.
- Advise on appropriate regulations and guidance relevant to the ship or vessel
- Build, lead and manage multi-functional teams, interacting with and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Produce succinct and accurate survey reports
- Deliver effective oral and audio-visual presentations
- Apply scientific calculation to various conditions of the ship (or other vessel) and the environment prevailing.
- Assess the market and prevailing conditions, to calculate a value and price for the subject ship, vessel, machinery, equipment or systems.
- Set out and impose a decision upon ship owners, managers, operators, master and staff.
- Undertake effective hazard identification and risk assessment processes using recognised and appropriate procedures.
- Identify causal factors and means of prevention of re-occurrence of ship, structural, machinery, equipment or systems failures.
There are no training providers available for this course yet.
You can either: