Interior systems installer (level 2)
Installing, repairing and maintaining various elements of the internal structure of a building.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Ceiling/suspended ceiling fixer
- Drylining fixer
- Interior systems operative
- Modular demountable partition installer
- Operable partitioner installer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Measure and set out from drawings provided and check vertical and horizontal datum.
- Select the appropriate materials, tools and equipment in accordance with the specification requirements and or manufacturer specific instructions.
- Safely and correctly operate tools and equipment, plant and machinery appropriate for use. (e.g. scaffold, MEWPS, nail gun, circular saw, lasers.
- Apply fire and acoustic mastic seals in accordance with specification, designs details and manufacturers recommendations.
- Accurately measure and cut components (e.g. metal sections, plasterboard, insulation, timber and plywood).
- Appropriately fix all components according to specifications and/or drawings.
- Effectively protect surround surfaces and segregate work areas and cutting areas.
- Install dry lining systems to metal and stud partitions framed wall linings, framed and frameless beam and column encasements.
- Clearly communicate with management, customers and colleagues including other trades onsite.
- Maintain a clean and tidy environment, appropriately disposing of waste according to site procedures.
- Identify and select appropriate PPE for the task.
- Install pattresses.
- Install insulation.
- Form service penetrations through partitions.
- Install primary channels or main runners to line and level. Cut to length.
- Frame and fit access panels.
Full information on Interior systems installer (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location