Construction quantity surveying technician (level 4)
Monitoring and controlling costs and contracts on construction projects.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Assistant Construction Surveyor
- Assistant Cost Engineer or Assistant Cost Analyst
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Quantity Surveying Technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Health and Safety: Apply health and safety issues to all activities.
- Sustainability: Demonstrate application of the principles of sustainability.
- Construction Technology: Assist in the implementation of the most appropriate solutions for construction projects
- Contracts: Be able to apply different types of contracts to different situations.
- Procurement: Assist in the selection of and negotiation with specialist contractors for a construction project.
- Cost control: Assist in the measurement and costing of construction works during a project.
- Financial reporting: Assist in the preparation of financial reports, cash flow and cost forecasts for a construction project.
- Administration: Assist in the collection, collation and storage of relevant data and its analysis.
Full information on Construction quantity surveying technician (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location