Science industry maintenance technician (level 3)
Contributing to the operation of science industry plant by installing, maintaining, testing and repair of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Work safely in a science industry environment, understanding personal responsibility for Health, Safety, Environment and Security and principles of risk management.
- Participate in continuous performance improvement.
- Safely use all necessary equipment, following the appropriate engineering techniques, procedures and methods of relevance to complete the maintenance activity.
- Prepare the work area for maintenance of plant, systems or components.
- Carry out planned routine and non- routine maintenance activities, effectively, efficiently and safely.
- Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of plant, systems and components.
- Conduct safe and effective exchange of plant and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the plant and equipment within the work area.
- Manufacture or assemble components within skill set.
- Develop and apply theoretical knowledge of engineering and its application to the required sector & job ro This should be acquired through a qualification set at level 3 (or above) that is approved by a licensed professional engineering institution.
Full information on Science industry maintenance technician (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location