Drinks dispense technician (level 3)
Installing and maintaining drinks dispense systems.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Beer quality technician
- Cellar technician
- Customer technical engineer
- Drinks dispense technician
- Field service technician
- Softs drinks engneer
- Technical representative
- Technical services technician
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Interpret, follow and adhere to Service Level Agreements, legal requirements, COPs, specifications and customer needs.
- Plan, organise and schedule own/others' work for example task delegation, work-flow, route planning, time management.
- Conduct site survey, including risk assessments.
- Interpret job requirements for example job specification, technical drawings, instruction booklets, identifying trends.
- Determine and source resources for example materials, time and equipment.
- Manage stock levels.
- Plumb pipework for drinks dispense equipment or components.
- Conduct electrical installations or maintenance of drinks dispense equipment or components.
- Install or maintain refrigeration components for drinks dispense equipment.
- Install or maintain gas dispense pressure system.
- Operate tools and instruments for example drills, power tools, spirit levels, specialist tools/instruments.
- Commission and connect specified equipment and/or components in adherence to Service Level Agreements, legal requirements, COPs, specifications and customer needs.
- Assess condition of components and equipment and identifying action.
- Decommission and disconnect specified equipment or components in adherence to Service Level Agreements, legal requirements, COPs, specifications and customer needs.
- Diagnose dispense, product or equipment faults and identify solutions.
- Test equipment and quality assure product dispensed, for example sampling final product.
- Clean lines, vessels and/or other equipment.
- Categorise decommissioned equipment for reuse, disposal or recycling.
- Pack decommissioned equipment to prevent further deterioration/damage.
- Isolate and document unsaleable product for return, destruction or further investigation.
- Complete documentation for example asset management records, work sheets, waste environmental records.
- Collect, record and provide data, for example pressure readings, stock usage.
- Communicate with stakeholders, internal or external for example customers, colleagues, managers, general public.
- Provide information, guidance or training to colleagues and/or stakeholders.
- Conduct all duties in adherence with health and safety directives and environmental policy and procedures.
Full information on Drinks dispense technician (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location