Digital support technician (level 3)
Maximising the effective use of digital office technologies, productivity software and digital communications in organisations.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Applications and on-line service executive
- Data administrator
- Database administrator
- Digital applications specialist
- Digital champion
- Digital coach
- Digital service advisor
- Digital service agent
- Digital service support
- Digital support professional
- Digital systems operator
- Digital transformation associate
- Ict support analyst
- It operations technician
- Operations technical specialist
- Service centre operator
- Technical support professional
Skills an apprentice will learn
- use digital technologies, including collaborative tools, to operate effectively as part of a team, and with other stakeholders, enabling sharing of information and best practice.
- use data accurately and securely to meet business requirements and in line with organisational procedures and legislation.
- apply information security principles, for example: information transfer, deletion, storage, usage and communications that may include using mobile devices.
- provide an appropriate and effective response to enquiries, providing support and information utilising digital channels and in line with organisation protocols
- operate digital information systems, for example• Management- Finance Human Resources• Bespoke departmental or organisational systems or databases
- communicate effectively through a variety of different channels using terminology appropriate to the audience
- use digital resources to extend own knowledge and skills relevant to their role
- risk assess the organisational impact of decisions that they take
- use digital systems to identify productivity and performance improvements
- use digital technologies to operate effectively as part of a team, and with other stakeholders, enabling sharing of information and best practice
- maintain system security in line with organisational policies.
Full information on Digital support technician (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location