Employability practitioner (level 4)
Helping people to address and overcome obstacles to secure suitable and sustainable employment.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 24 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Advanced Practitioners and Key Workers
- Career or Employment Coordinators
- Careers Advisors
- Case Managers
- case Workers
- Coaches or Consultants
- Community Support Advisors
- Employability Tutors
- Employment Advisors
- Employment coach
- Employment consultant
- Housing Officers
- IAG Advisors
- Job Coaches
- Lead IAG Advisors
- Lead or Senior Employment Advisors
- Personal Advisors
- Senior or Lead Job Coaches or Careers Advisors
- Senior Student Support Workers
- Student Support Workers
- Training Advisors
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Holistic Assessments & Diagnostics - Use holistic assessment and diagnostic skills to identify servicer user employability, career goals and aspirations and health and well-being barriers. Assess service users’ strengths and obstacles to building healthier lives through returning to work.
- Interviewing & Effective Questioning - Apply effective interviewing and questioning techniques to identify servicer user employability, career goals and aspirations and potential barriers to these
- Attention to detail & Record Keeping- Conduct routine compliance checks of service user records for own caseload and others, identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations.
- Design & Deliver Interventions - Utilise evidence-based solutions to design and deliver employability, health and wellbeing related programmes, services and interventions to service users which considers the specific needs of different groups (e.g. those with physical disabilities and those with mental, learning, emotional and behavioural challenges, including autism and dyslexia). These can be either on a one-to-one basis (face-to-face or remotely) or in groups at a central office or out in the community.
- Flexible Working - Where required, work flexibly across different locations by undertaking outreach work to make services accessible for service users or even co-locating with other community services. Where required, work flexibly outside of normal office working hours as there may be times when they have to work evenings and weekends if any of their service users are employed and need to be contacted and provided with support outside of these times
- Communication - Communicate to a high standard, both verbally and written, using a wide variety of different methods and adapting for different audiences, evaluating the effectiveness for continuous improvement.
- Coaching & Mentoring - Coach and mentor service users and colleagues and actively improve coaching and mentoring skills for themselves and others.
- Problem Solving & Risk/Crisis Management - Uses advanced problem solving, and negotiation skills to establish win-win situations with service users where possible. Identifying when they might potentially fall out of work and rapidly respond to minimise the risk. Address safeguarding and PREVENT concerns maturely, dealing with service users when they present in crisis, minimising risks/crises in the future through pastoral support and effective risk assessment.
- Managing Complex Caseloads - Application of specialist knowledge to deal with particular complex and challenging cases.
- Behaviour Management - Anticipate and de-escalate challenging behaviour in service users, managing challenging behaviour as it presents itself using relevant non-clinical behaviour change tools and techniques.
- Change Management - Manage change effectively with the on-boarding/off-boarding of contracts and services
- Business Development - Identify, seek out and establish business development and commercial opportunities for the organisation including new referral streams.
- Networking - Network with internal and external customers and key stakeholders to build relationships and identify business opportunities.
- Stakeholder Management & Engagement - Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders to support service delivery by taking a multi-agency and integrated services approach.
- Giving Feedback - Give constructive and timely feedback to service users and colleagues.
- Evaluation & Critical Analysis - Evaluates and analyses programmes, services and interventions, using data to make recommendations for improvements and to inform service delivery.
- Research Skills - Gather labour market, employability and careers information, analyse it, spot trends and patterns, draw conclusions to inform information, advice and guidance given to service users and employers. Research skills are used to further specialism knowledge and experience, as well as to support service design and delivery.
- Deliver Information, Advice & Guidance - Apply employability, careers and labour market knowledge to deliver high quality information, advice and guidance that is tailored to the needs of the service users and key stakeholders.
- Service Delivery - Adheres to company vision, mission and values, embedding them in all service delivery.
- Performance Management - Independently manage own performance to meet and exceed minimum service levels, contractual requirements and service level agreements.
- ICT & Digital Skills - ICT skills are used for record keeping and digital skills are used to support service users with finding employment through social media and the internet.
- Assertiveness - Assertively directs and challenges service users to reach their potential. Will also be used when dealing with key stakeholders.
- Manage CPD - Manage your own and support the professional development of others. Promote best practice through learning opportunities as they arise.
Full information on Employability practitioner (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location