Assessor coach (level 4) is available for new starts until 30 Mar 2023.
Assessor coach (level 4)
Coaching and assessing vocational learners, usually on a one-to-one basis, in a range of learning environments.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 15 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Education and childcare
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Plan coaching and assessment
- S1 facilitate access to relevant, current information advice and guidance (IAG)
- S2 apply or reference relevant initial and diagnostic assessment
- S3 agree a programme of development and assessment, setting realistic but challenging goals that meet learners’ and employers’ needs
- S4 liaise with employers, colleagues and others to support learners’ development
- Deliver coaching support
- S5 anticipate and overcome barriers to progress and inspire achievement, ensuring that learning is inclusive and supports diversity
- S6 highlight learners’ mathematics and English needs, and signposts to appropriate support
- S7 give timely feedback on progress towards mastery of relevant skills and knowledge
- S8 provide access to pastoral support and guidance
- S9 promote the safe and effective use of digital and mobile technologies to support learners and the Assessor-Coach role
- S10 agree and record targets and progress, complying with quality, confidentiality and data protection requirements
- Assess learners
- S11 use effective listening, assertiveness and questioning to support learners’ to engage with their learning plans and with assessment criteria and processes
- S12 comply with awarding organisation requirements and local quality and safety guidelines
- Support quality improvement
- S13 support peer review and quality assurance procedures
- S14 report concerns about quality and safeguarding through appropriate channels
- S15 maintain the currency of their own knowledge and skills, with reference to workplace practice and feedback from others
Full information on Assessor coach (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location