Metal fabricator (level 3)
Manufacturing anything that can be fabricated out of metal such as bridges, oil rigs and ships.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 42 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Work safely at all times, comply with health & safety legislation, regulations and organisational requirements
- Comply with environmental legislation, regulations and organisational requirements
- Obtain, check and use the appropriate documentation (such as job instructions, drawings, quality control documentation)
- Carry out relevant planning and preparation activities before commencing work activity
- Undertake the work activity using the correct processes, procedures and equipment
- Carry out the required checks (such as quality, compliance or testing) using the correct procedures, processes and/or equipment
- Deal promptly and effectively with problems within the limits of their responsibility using approved diagnostic methods and techniques and report those which cannot be resolved to the appropriate personnel
- Complete any required documentation using the defined recording systems at the appropriate stages of the work activity
- Restore the work area on completion of the activity and where applicable return any resources and consumables to the appropriate location
- Identify and follow correct Metal work instructions, specifications, drawing etc.
- Mark out using appropriate tools and techniques
- Cut and form Metal for the production of fabricated products
- Produce and assemble Metal products to required specification and quality requirements
- Identify and follow correct joining instructions, specifications, drawing etc.
- Carry out the relevant preparation before starting the joining fabrication activity
- Set up, check, adjust and use joining and related equipment
- Weld joints in accordance with approved welding procedures and quality requirements
Find training providers for this course
Check if a provider can offer this training for the apprenticeship location.