Beauty and make up consultant (level 2)
Selling beauty products and helping customers choose which ones to buy.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Hair and beauty
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- beauty consultant
- make up consultant
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Professionalism and values: Carry out and maintain organisational and beauty retail industry duties and requirements for professionalism: meet organisational and industry standards of appearance; maintain expected image and etiquette; implement equality and diversity protocols; work under pressure; observe time management and self-management; maintain and manage a work area; complete services in a commercially viable time and to a high standard; demonstrate a passion for the beauty retail industry; facilitate a positive customer journey and experience whilst maintaining confidentiality and consumer rights; communicate effectively with customers recognising when to apply different verbal and non-verbal communication skills; solve problems quickly and effectively as they emerge within the scope of responsibilities; and seek assistance from a senior member of staff when required
- Safe working practices: Meet legal, industry and organisational requirements: maintain effective, hygienic and safe working methods and safety considerations; adhere to workplace, supplier’s or manufacturer’s instructions for the safe use of equipment, materials and products; maintain the customer’s modesty, privacy and comfort; minimise risks of cross-infection, injury or fatigue; promote environmental and sustainable working practices; ensure personal hygiene and protection meets industry and organisational requirements
- Instruct the use and application of skin care products and make-up: Consult, prepare, plan and deliver basic skin care and make-up instruction, and evaluate the success of skin care and make-up instruction with customers to meet individual customer needs, occasions and skin type/ condition
- Advise and demonstrate a range of beauty retail products tools and equipment for the: eyelashes and eyebrows: methods used to enhance the appearance of the eyes and brows including: hair removal, eyebrow artistry and their effects, colour eyelashes
- Advise and demonstrate a range of beauty retail products tools and equipment for the: face, neck and skin: methods used to improve and maintain the condition of the face and neck, including facial and specialist skin care products
- Advise and demonstrate a range of beauty retail products tools and equipment for the: nails: methods used to enhance the appearance of the nails and hand, feet and skin, including specialist nail products
- Completes promotional activities: Plan, prepare, implement and evaluate promotional activities to support beauty retail sales
- Advise, demonstrate and sell beauty products to customers: Identify the targets for sales and creation of prospective sales, inform and gain the customer’s commitment to purchasing the additional services/products. Carry out stock rotation and maintenance
- Advise and demonstrate perfumery recommendations to customers: Evaluate and establish customers’ fragrance preferences and recommend appropriate fragrance choices
Full information on Beauty and make up consultant (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location