Aerospace software development engineer (degree) (level 6)
Developing software to support the aerospace industry.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Aerospace Software Development Engineer
- Aircraft Software Development Engineer
- Aircraft Software Engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- complying with statutory, quality, organisational, environmental and health and safety regulations, apprentices will seek opportunities to show compliance with appropriate standards
- reading and interpreting Software engineering data, apprentices will demonstrate an understanding of code, design and requirements documentation
- applying configuration management and software build processes, apprentices will gain experience of the methods & tools used to control the change and modification of software-related products
- developing and applying Algorithms, including specification, design and implementation, apprentices will construct algorithms required to implement required functionality in software
- applying appropriate Engineering Operations and Toolsets, apprentices will use the standard methods adopted for software production and the toolsets deployed to support efficient development
- applying analytical methods (engineering mathematics), apprentices will use mathematics and associated toolsets to reason about properties of software such as safety or performance
- applying Systems Engineering principles, apprentices will learn the criteria for making architectural decisions in order to achieve an optimal solution over potentially conflicting system objectives
- using “Modelling & Simulation” software, apprentices will learn how to develop software more quickly and reliably utilising “Modelling” toolsets
- applying business improvement techniques ensuring optimisation of processes, resources and budget, apprentices will use systematic methods to identify and eliminate waste and inefficiencies in their software production activities
Full information on Aerospace software development engineer (degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location