Hire controller (plant, tools and equipment) (level 2)
Providing specialist plant, tools, machinery or equipment on short or long-term hire.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Construction and the built environment
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Process requisitions, orders and on-hire and off-hires, ensuring all legal, health & safety requirements have been met;
- For commercial clients, carry out health, safety and environmental checks to ensure the PTE meets the needs of the client’s site.
- Complete contract documentation for on-hire and off-hires;
- Arrange the timely delivery and collection of equipment, considering vehicle type, site accessibility and health & safety requirements;
- Follow organisational processes in relation to hire insurance and hire equipment damage, theft and loss;
- Cross-hire PTE according to organisational procedures;
- Convey transport requirements including locations, delivery times and potential restrictions to drivers and hauliers;
- Organise the replacement and recovery of defective equipment;
- Process damage agreement and notification documentation.
- Explain to customers the specification of the equipment to be hired, ensuring they understand the health, safety and environmental impacts and operational requirements and procedures.
- For plant supplied with an operator, ensure all licences and site cards are current and valid for the operation and liaise with the contractor to provide such evidence.
- Clearly communicate accurate legal, technical, safety and environmental information, ensuring the level of detail provided is appropriate to meet the needs and understanding of customers;
- Explain hire terms, conditions and rates.
- Provide, explain and process hire rates and associated transactions e.g. daily rate, insurance excess, damage charges.
- Use organisational IT, technology and systems.
- Comply with organisational data protection policies and processes.
- Action customer queries and concerns in accordance with company procedures;
Full information on Hire controller (plant, tools and equipment) (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location