Engineering fitter (level 3)
Producing complex high value, low volume components or assemblies.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 42 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Controls and systems fitter
- Electrical fitter
- Electronic fitter
- Instrumentation fitter
- Mechanical fitter
- Pipe fitter
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Reading, interpreting and understanding the component/assembly specification, diagrams, drawings and work instructions
- Planning component/assembly task – materials, tools and equipment
- Preparing work area for component/assembly task; sourcing required resources, tools/equipment
- Carryout relevant planning and preparation activities before commencing work activity and know how to source required resources and interpret detailed drawings, specifications and job instructions
- Checking tools during and after task completion; identifying and reporting defects
- Measuring and testing, checking/inspecting component/assembly for example; use of micrometers, verniers, multimeters, volt meter
- Problem solving; analysing the issue and fixing the issue where appropriate
- Applying improvement techniques; recommending/implementing solutions where appropriate
- Communicating with colleagues and/or customers (internal or external)
- Completing component/assembly documentation for example job instructions, drawings, quality control documentation
- Reporting work outcomes and/or issues
- Restoring the work area on completion of the activity; returning any resources and consumables to the appropriate location and house-keeping.
- Disposing of waste in accordance with waste streams; re-cycling/re-using where appropriate
- Operating within limits of responsibility
- Operating in line with quality, health & safety and environmental policy and procedures; identifying risks and hazards and identifying control measure where applicable
Full information on Engineering fitter (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location