Cyber security technical professional (integrated degree) (level 6)
Leading teams which manage cyber security risks.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to degree.
- Typical duration
- 48 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Cyber Incident Manager
- Cyber Research Analyst
- Cyber Risk Analyst
- Cyber Risk Manager
- Cyber Security Design Engineer
- Cyber Security Engineer
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Fluent in written communications and able to articulate complex issues.
- Makes concise, engaging and well-structured verbal presentations, arguments and explanations.
- Able to deal with different, competing interests within and outside the organisation with excellent negotiation skills.
- Able to identify the preferences, motivations, strengths and limitations of other people and apply these insights to work more effectively with and to motivate others.
- Able to work effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Competent in active listening and in leading, influencing and persuading others.
- Able to give and receive feedback constructively and incorporate it into his/her own development and life-long learning.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills for Technology Solutions development and can systematically analyse and apply structured problem solving techniques to complex systems and situations.
- Able to put forward, demonstrate value and gain commitment to a moderately complex technology-oriented solution, demonstrating understanding of business need, using open questions and summarising skills and basic negotiating skills.
- Can conduct effective research, using literature and other media.
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving.
- Able to demonstrate a ‘security mind-set’ (how to break as well as make).
Full information on Cyber security technical professional (integrated degree) (level 6) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location