Mineral processing weighbridge operator (level 2)
Acting as the hub for the operational site, controlling vehicle movements, contractors, authorised personal and members of the public.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Operate all equipment related to your role to the required company standards, safe systems of work and relevant HSE regulations.
- Identify and report any environmental impact of work undertaken.
- Minimise the demand for fossil fuels and natural resources wherever possible and within your are of responsibility.
- Plan and complete required tasks in line with the organisations key performance indicators, measures and record progress against them.
- Plan work maximising the fleet capacity ensuring haulier driving breaks do not affect deliveries to customers.
- Monitor stocks of materials and products required, and report issues with these in line with company policy and procedures.
- React to a changing work schedule and quickly adapt the delivery program depending on the situation.
- Communicate with people at all levels providing clear, accurate and timely information.
- Communicate health and safety instruction effectively and check for understanding.
- Check end product quality and stocks and report issues in line with company policy and procedures.
- Use all IT software and or digital systems required within your role
- Identify opportunities for further business or up-sell to value adding products
- Build customer relationships and loyalty
- Demonstrate a customer focussed approach and an advocate for the business.
- Deal with complaints calmly and diffuse difficult situations.
- Intervene when you identify anyone breaking company policy, procedures or H&S rules.
- Communicate with the operational team, customers and stakeholders effectively ensuring information is passed clearly and promptly.
Full information on Mineral processing weighbridge operator (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location