Learning and development practitioner (level 3)
Identifying, creating and delivering appropriate training needs.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Identification of training/learning needs: Identify and analyse learning needs: establish team and individual capability and learning gaps, in line with organisational performance outcomes and to enable effective evaluation. This may include the needs of the staff impacted by the move to a net carbon zero economy by 2050 and the requirements for a just transition.
- Identification of training/learning needs: Use sound questioning and active listening skills to understand requirements and establish root causes i.e. establishing that it really is a learning/training need, before developing L&D solutions.
- Identification of training/learning needs: Consult with stakeholders to draw out relevant information and provide feedback to inform learning and training needs requirements.
- Identification of training/learning needs: Use effective analytical skills to seek out and analyse information.
- Identification of training/learning needs: Take ownership through to resolution, escalating complex situations as appropriate
- Training/Learning design: Design, construct and structure training / learning resources to meet a variety of needs, which will include:
- Training/Learning design: Research of delivery options and resources including digital / online / blended solutions (including identifying existing resources)
- Training/Learning design: Planning programmes / sessions / modules
- Training/Learning design: Selecting appropriate delivery methods
- Training/Learning design: Designing creative, engaging, appropriate, and inclusive learning activities (could be e-learning, digital collaboration, group sessions, blended etc.)
- Training/Learning design: Developing materials and resources to support learning.
- Training/Learning delivery: Confidently engage all learners in structured learner-centered training, primarily of ‘content-driven’ training resources.
- Training/Learning delivery: Plan, organise and prepare for a training/learning event/intervention in a timely fashion
- Training/Learning delivery: Interact with learners of varying abilities, using a broad range of techniques and carefully planned and executed questioning techniques.
- Training/Learning delivery: Facilitate and deliver learning in a face-to-face, blended and digital environment as appropriate.
- Training/Learning delivery: Monitor a learner’s progress and deliver motivational and developmental feedback.
- Training/Learning delivery: Manage participation, attitudes and behaviours to reach learning objectives.
- Training/Learning delivery: Use effective coaching skills to enable learners to achieve learning objectives.
- Evaluation: Evaluate the impact of learning solutions - measure and assess development initiatives for effectiveness, business relevance, efficiency, and continually seek ways to improve learning solutions.
- Evaluation: Build evaluation mechanisms for learning outcomes including the use of quantitative and qualitative feedback where appropriate.
- Evaluation: Apply techniques to analyse the impact of training from learners’ experience.
- Communication and Interpersonal: Communicate and influence through a range of media e.g. phone, face-to-face, email, online / virtual, adapting their style to their audience.
- Communication and Interpersonal: Build trust and sound relationships with customers/learners/colleagues.
- Communication and Interpersonal: Handle conflict and sensitive situations professionally and confidentially.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Consistently support colleagues / collaborate within the team and L&D to achieve results.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Build and maintain strong working relationships with others in the L&D team, HR and the wider business as required.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location