Learning and development consultant business partner (level 5)
Making sure that learning and development contributes to improved performance in the workplace.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national diploma (HND).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Business and administration
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Work as an learning and development business partner or consultant across the whole organisation or key functions and relevant stakeholders as appropriate, to build insight into existing levels of capability against future requirements, identifying organisational skills gaps and risks.
- Use a range of techniques to obtain an initial brief from internal stakeholders, and investigate and analyse data to validate the need for a learning intervention.
- Present a range of relevant and innovative solutions, logically and with credibility, to gain buy-in from senior stakeholders.
- Develop an organisational development, learning and development and succession plan that addresses gaps and fulfils skills, resourcing, talent, and future leadership needs in the partner and business area, accounting for changing internal and external environment, business and learner needs.
- Initiate the design of interventions and monitor implementation.
- Foster and develop an embedded culture of learning and continuous improvement (e.g. through using communication campaigns).
- Facilitate collective and social learning using innovative technological solutions.
- Influence management at all levels to collaborate and take responsibility for learning initiatives.
- Set up and manage action learning sets, coaching and mentoring programmes.
- Ensure quality of learning and training delivery through providing feedback to colleagues to ensure continuous improvement of self and others.
- Construct and manage an learning and development budget, project, intervention, including managing resources to effectively deliver.
- Identify and analyse potential cost savings to ensure maximum value.
- Effectively engage, negotiate and manage third party suppliers.
- Build effective working relationships with business managers (using the language of the business), peers and other learning and development functions, together with relevant external organisations to deliver business results from learning and development plans and solutions.
- Communicate confidently with people at all levels, including senior management.
- Work with senior leaders to carry out succession planning, organisational development and talent pipeline plans.
- Build rapport and demonstrate the use of language patterns to facilitate and encourage discussions, debate, learning and decisions.
- Employ a range of questioning and listening skills to generate brainstorming, discussion and debate, learning and decisions.
- Effectively manage challenging learner and group behaviours.
Full information on Learning and development consultant business partner (level 5) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location