Senior metrology technician (level 5)
Managing teams that use, design and repair equipment for taking measurements.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national diploma (HND).
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Develop and monitor measurement capability and capacity within own area of responsibility to support strategic planning.
- Investigate and suggest changes to process control activities to ensure compliance with contractual, organisational and industry procedures and requirements
- Participate in risk assessments, assess outcomes and make suitable recommendations for change to processes and procedures, as appropriate.
- Plan and manage resources to meet the needs and objectives of the organisation and its customers
- Plan, manage, monitor and evaluate measurement activities in a way that contributes to sustainable development, continuous improvement and supports good practice.
- Diagnose and solve complex problems in relation to measurement activities and take corrective and preventative action as appropriate
- Participate in and provide advice on internal and external audits ensuring verification, validation, quality assurance, quality control, compliance and identify process improvement opportunities, where applicable.
- Develop communication channels and build effective relationships, by engaging colleagues, customers and stakeholders and presenting information in a clear and concise way, to meet organisational requirements.
- Produce and confirm records, reports and other measurement documentation, as required.
- Verify, analyse, evaluate, validate and store measurement information, results and data in line with organisational procedures and specifications to support measurement and continuous improvement activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation, regulation, industry and organisational policies and procedures and requirements relating to safe working practices
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, national and international standards, industry and organisational procedures and requirements relating to codes of conduct when managing measurement activities
Full information on Senior metrology technician (level 5) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location