Cabin crew (level 3)
Providing excellent customer service to passengers while ensuring their comfort and safety throughout the flight.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Liaise with the customer, airport, ground staff, suppliers and colleagues to ensure the efficient loading of catering and ancillary items and boarding procedures meet service standards and aviation regulations.
- Proactively address issues that arise during boarding, making effective decisions to ensure a satisfactory outcome and on time departure
- Monitor cabin environment, appearance and on board facilities to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to operational standards, and using controls to adjust it
- Communicate effectively with customers, flight and cabin crew and other parties in the event of disruption, keeping them informed of progress, actions and results
- Follow procedures to assist passengers with reduced mobility (PRM) or other requirements for special assistance
- Address complex customer needs to ensure service standards and individual requirements are maintained
- Complete the on board food, beverage and retail service provided by the organisation in line with standards and quality measures*
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, flight crew, ground operational teams and customers at appropriate times to ensure service efficiency, safety and security and timely reporting of defective equipment is maintained
- Conduct in flight checks and monitor customers and onboard facilities
- Ensure post service requirements are completed, including reconciliations of stock / money or cash equivalents as required
- Communicate and co-ordinate with flight crew, colleagues, customer and ground staff to ensure disembarkation procedures meet safety and service standards
- Address issues that arise during disembarkation making effective decisions to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Ensure post flight requirements are completed including security of on-board resources and adherence to local regulations and practices as required
- Participate in post flight debrief and duties.
- Ensure self and team monitor and apply the compliance legislation, procedures and regulations commensurate to your role
- Identify risks and non-compliance, ensuring corrective actions are taken or situations are escalated in accordance with organisation’s procedures
- Identify and address / report actual or potential hazards
- Record and report safety and security incidents including self-reporting when required
- Actively engage in a safe, open and honest working environment
- Work with the team to maintain brand / organisational standards at all times and identify and address any potential risks according to organisational procedures
- Make decisions that satisfy the needs of the customer while delivering for the organisation
- Achieve and aim to exceed commercial targets by applying techniques that are appropriate to all customer profiles
- Apply principles of Cockpit/Crew Resource Management (CRM) and human factors
Full information on Cabin crew (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location