Commercial laundry operative (level 2)
Providing laundry services to a wide range of sectors in the UK.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 12 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Engineering and manufacturing
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Garment cleaner
- General laundry operative
- Laundry operative
- Production operative
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Follow work instructions - verbal or written.
- Organise and prioritise work.
- Follow health and safety procedures in line with regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Follow procedures in line with environmental and sustainability regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Identify and segregate resources for reuse, recycling, and disposal.
- Comply with laundry industry regulations, standards, and guidance.
- Follow work procedures.
- Sort, classify and identify products for processing either manually or via operating equipment. Identify any special cleaning processes for example, stain removal.
- Check equipment and machinery.
- Operate equipment and machinery to process textile products for example, batch washing machines, wash extractors, dryers, towel folders, ironers, and calenders.
- Conduct quality checks for example, identify any rejects or rewash, inspect items for damage.
- Sort and pack items.
- Identify production issues for example, product mis-feed, machinery issues, or product flow issues. Resolve or escalate issues in line with procedures. Escalate maintenance requirements.
- Use information technology.
- Communicate with others for example, internal and external customers, colleagues, and managers.
- Apply team working principles.
- Record task information (text or data) - paper based or electronic.
- Carry out and record learning and development activities.
Full information on Commercial laundry operative (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location