Internal audit practitioner (level 4)
Checking an organisation's records and procedures to make sure they are accurate and reliable.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national certificate (HNC).
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- IAPracs will build sustainable relationships based on trust and respect, within their function and with stakeholders, on an audit by audit basis. This will drive two-way communication with the business being audited to inform the audit plan, support plan changes and aid Internal Audit’s understanding of the risk profile of the business, how the policy, processes and standards in an organisation are being applied by the business as detailed during process mapping, i.e. the walkthrough process.
- IAPracs will communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing. IAPracs will adapt their communication style to suit different situations. IAPracs will promote open communication, demonstrating the ability to apply appropriate interview techniques during delivery of their audit work and effectively articulating findings to IAProfs. IAPracs will be able to effectively contribute to meetings.
- IAPracs will collaborate effectively with other audit colleagues to gain understanding and insights to inform audits and gather data to deliver results, and will be team players.
- With guidance, IAPracs will select and use tools/techniques to obtain relevant data/information for specific audit assignments. IAPracs will apply sampling, data analysis and other statistical techniques to analyse and assess data and draw preliminary conclusions.
- IAPracs will manage their time effectively to deliver high quality work within appropriate timelines to deliver their audit assignments and other work requirements.
- IAPracs will be proficient in the use appropriate business systems and software e.g. sending emails, using word processing and spreadsheet software, documenting workpapers using organisation’s appropriate audit systems etc.
Full information on Internal audit practitioner (level 4) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location