Marine pilot (level 5)
Safely navigating vessels from sea to berth or berth to sea within the ports jurisdiction.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to higher national diploma (HND).
- Typical duration
- 30 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Transport and logistics
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Plan an Act of Pilotage
- Embark and Disembark a vessel whilst underway and whilst alongside
- Assess standards on the piloted vessel
- Work effectively with the bridge team
- Liaise and communicate within the port jurisdiction, including correct use of the vessels communication and navigational equipment.
- Safely transit the pilotage district
- Manoeuvre vessels in harbours and their approaches
- Respond to problems and emergency situations
- Manage personal & professional conduct & development
Full information on Marine pilot (level 5) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
No training providers available for this course yet
Try searching for another course.
Can't find a training provider?
We can let other training providers know you are interested in Marine pilot (level 5).