Pest control technician (level 2)
Identify and get rid of pests like rats, mice and cockroaches.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to GCSE.
- Typical duration
- 18 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Agriculture, environmental and animal care
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Communicate effectively at all levels
- Be able to deal with customer conflict and challenge
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Ensure equality at all times – treat all customers as equals
- Prioritise your workload and manage customer expectations
- Correctly identify target pests and non-target species
- Complete site surveys / inspections to include identifying pests present, entry points and other factors that could attract or sustain pests at the location.
- Select and use monitoring and control measures most appropriate for a site, adhering to the risk hierarchy when using rodenticides
- Calculate volumes and areas for specific treatment types and comply with label and personal protection equipment requirements
- Use chemical and physical pest control devices and tools safely and effectively
- Abide by regulations and legislation requirements
- Make and explain appropriate recommendations and risks to customers to aid control and prevent re-infestation – including post treatment procedures
- Maintain and calibrate application and control equipment
- Maintain accurate documentation to assist customers with the audit processes and to maintain a log of activity for future reference.
- Dispose of pest control waste and carcasses adhering to legislation and / or regulation guidelines
- Be punctual
- Maintain an appropriate personal appearance
- Ensure work activity is prioritised and completed correctly
- Take ownership for keeping your service and product knowledge up to date.
- Decide on best methods of infestation control and be accountable for decisions made
- Make decisions in accordance with legislation, codes of practice and company policies
- Solve problems safely, efficiently and timely
- Know when and how to seek help
Full information on Pest control technician (level 2) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
No training providers available for this course yet
Try searching for another course.
Can't find a training provider?
We can let other training providers know you are interested in Pest control technician (level 2).