Actuary (level 7)
Analysing data to predict the likelihood and potential financial risk of future events.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to master’s degree.
- Typical duration
- 36 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Legal, finance and accounting
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
- Also known as
- Capital actuary
- Climate Actuary
- Climate Change Actuary
- ESG Actuary
- Financial actuary
- Insurance Actuary
- Pensions actuary
- Pricing actuary
- Scheme actuary
- Sustainability Actuary
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Apply tools and techniques to assist strategic thinking needed for a role in wider management
- Interpret the accounts and financial statements of companies and financial institutions
- Build a model, analyse the data, methods used and outputs generated and document the work (including maintaining an audit trail for a fellow student and senior actuary)
- Communicate the approach, results and conclusions to a senior actuary
- Communicate effectively, both written and orally, when relating concepts used by actuaries to recipients without specialist actuarial expertise, using effective structure, appropriate language and adequate explanation
- Apply actuarial techniques to analyse business problems and then formulate, justify and present plausible solutions for consideration
Full information on Actuary (level 7) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location