Community sport and health officer (level 3)
Engaging people in sport and physical activity across local communities.
- Qualification level
Equivalent to A level.
- Typical duration
- 16 months
- Apprenticeship category
- Health and science
- Maximum funding
Maximum amount government will fund
for apprenticeship training.
Skills an apprentice will learn
- Successful application of tactics and strategies to empower people from inactive and hard to reach populations to take up an active lifestyle
- Successful application of a range of approaches that bring about changes in attitudes and behaviours within target communities
- Supporting people within target communities to become involved in the preparation, planning and delivery of sport and active lifestyles
- Using local insight and customer-orientated marketing skills to attract high priority groups into existing leisure, parks and sport infrastructure
- Negotiation, lobbying and brokerage skills with local partners across public health, community development and anti social behaviour
- Demonstrate clear and effective communication techniques in order to give/receive information accurately and in a timely and positive manner
- Problem solving and effective decision making with regards the design and implementation of sport and physical activity programmes
- Writing successful funding bids to enable new, different or more opportunities to take place for sport and physical activity
- Managing disruptive behaviour of clients and customers before, during and after activities
- Managing and adapting personal behaviours to ensure provision is inclusive, customer-focused and accessible
- Building partnerships and developing meaningful relationships with local partners and stakeholders in sport and physical activity
Full information on Community sport and health officer (level 3) is available from the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
Find training providers for this course
Canterbury, Kent Remove location